Frederick Nash (1782-1856) Drawn and etched
Engraved by F C Lewis
North East View of St George’s Chapel, Windsor
To the Right Reverend the Lord Bishop of Norwich and Dean of Windsor
London Published by F Nash, No 6 Asylum Buildings, Westminster Road July 12 1804
Frederick Nash was born in Lambeth. Initially studying architectural drawing under Thomas Malton he subsequently enrolled at the Royal Academy of Arts. From 1801 to 1809 he worked with the antiquarians John Britton and Edward Wedlake Brayley, subsequently becoming a member of the Society of Painters in Watercolours – a group of painters who had left the Royal Academy following complaints of under-recognition of their works. Latterly primarily a landscape painter he toured the rivers of Germany.
Prints from this series are in the British Museum and also in the collection of Anglesea Abbey, a National Trust property outside Cambridge, England, with a very large collection of views of Windsor Castle.
If you are interested email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07929 749056.
Condition: A good impression In generally very good condition. Not trimmed.