V A Hards (British, c. 1930-c. 2012)
Design for Garage – Car Showroom and Petrol Filling Station
Watercolour on wove
Signed and dated October 1956 and inscribed for Brixton School of Building School of Architecture.
Hards was educated at Brixton School of Building and Woolwich Polytechnic between 1948 and 1956, during which period he produced some very competent work including this rather fine petrol station, complete with elegant motor cars. Brixton School of Building was incorporated into the Polytechnic of the South Bank – now London South Bank University.