Albert Walter Moore Design for a Building on Fenchurch Street London
Albert Walter Moore (1874 – 1965)
Design for a building on Fenchurch Street (1915)
Signed and inscribed ‘Albert W Moore FRIBA Architect, 112 Fenchurch St, March 1915’
Pencil and watercolour on paper
38.1x62cm (15 x 24.5 inches)
A design for a fine building on the Plantation House site (the site was cleared in 2005 for a new building). Moore was articled to George Hubbard who took Moore into partnership with him in 1898. He studied at the West London School of Art and was a member of the Architectural Association. He was responsible for the 1928 rebuilding of the OXO Tower building. This had started life as a power station for the Post Office, and the site was acquired by Liebig the owners of OXO who sought planning permission for advertising on the side of their tower. Denied this permission, windows that happened to be in the shape of two Os and an X were built into the tower, and the advertising remains to this day. Provenance: Sotheby’s lot 166, 25 June 1981.
If you are interested email email@example.com or call us on 07929 749056.